Next up... People Friendly Streets around The Cally! From what the Council have hinted we expect this to be implemented before summer 2021. No details have been announced, so we have been imagining what area this might cover. We think it may be the area bounded by Caledonian Road to the East, Pentonville Road to the South and York Way to the West. We are uncertain of the northern boundary which could be Blundell Street, Brewery Road, Market Road or North Road. Copenhagen Street is one that really suffers from through traffic. Many of the streets in this area are already filtered.
Low Traffic Neighbourhoods, People Friendly Streets, mini-Hollands, Liveable Neighbourhoods, whatever their local branding, all mean the same thing – groups of residential streets, bordered by main roads (the places designed for buses, lorries, non-local traffic), where through motor vehicle traffic is discouraged or filtered. Read more here.
Help us understand your experience of traffic and streets in Caledonian Ward. Take 2 minutes to respond to our survey.
click here! → → → TAKE OUR SURVEY NOW! ← ← ← click here!
- We are doing a survey of residents to get a snapshot of how neighbours feel about their streets.
- The survey responses will be kept for 18 months and then destroyed.
- Your personal data will not be shared with any third party, company or public body.
- We will publish a summary of the survey results (without listing anyone's name or email) on this website, in letters to the paper and in discussions with councillors.
- If you are happy for your name to be used on our website - please say so explicitly on the survey form.
- If, having granted permission for us to use your name, you change your mind and want your comments or name removed from the website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will amend the website within 3 days.